CAAC is a network of territorial cooperation, based on the particular identity and challenges Atlantic Cities. Since 2000, the Conference of the Atlantic Arc Cities has asserted its position as an Atlantic Urban Forum, facilitating both the cooperation among its members and with other actors, creating awareness in the European institutions about issues concerning the Atlantic Cities.
Thus, our net working can be defined by six axis led by a symbolic C:
- CAAC as a Club of the Atlantic Cities: the Urban Forum of the European Atlantic façade. The Atlantic territorial marketing is a key issue.
- CAAC as a Community that includes both cities and other actors, such as, above all, the citizens.
- Campaigns: Making the lobby not only a political issue, but also an instrument for raising awareness of citizens in European Affairs and defending their of the interests.
- Cooperation: Through European projects as well as informal exchanges.
- Coaching: A resource centre for the Atlantic cities, ensuring that its activities contribute to the information, training and strengthening of the European activities of the members.
- Communication: Convert the CAAC cities, its activities and experiences in ‘highlighted’ examples of a communication strategy based on the social media.
CAAC has also started expending its global Atlantic position to strengthen the bilateral ties of its members with other Atlantic shores.