On 28 April, the city of Viana do Castelo organizes a seminar: EU maritime agenda a territorial view in collaboration with European Committee of the Regions (CoR).
During this event, working languages will be in English and in Portuguese. The event is a dialogue between Committee of the Regions Members, Sea representatives and citizens, which aims at reflecting together about the future of maritime policy in the European Union. The event is part of the Reflecting on Europe campaign of the Committee of the Regions.
The main topic will be: present and future of EU maritime policy and its impact on citizens; multilevel cooperation in the maritime sector; Maritime Atlantic Strategy; report on Port Cities and areas; report on innovation in the blue economy.
The speakers will be the following:
– Mr Jose María Da Cunha Costa (President of the Portuguese delegation of the Committee of the Regions, Mayor of Viana do Castelo, President of the Conference of Atlantic Arc Cities)
– Mr Emilio Brògueira Dias (Board of directors’ chairman of the ports of Douro, Leixões and Viana Do Castelo)
– Ms Marcella Smyth (Maritime Affairs Attaché for the Irish representation before the EU)
– Mr Stanisław Szwabski (Rapporteur on the Regeneration of port cities and port areas for the Committee of the Regions, Gdynia City Council in Poland)
– Ms Vanda Nunes (Sea Affairs Adviser for the Lisbon City Council)
– Mr Jerry Lundy (Committee of the Regions representative for the Atlantic Maritime Strategy, Sligo County Council in Ireland)
For more information:
Committee of the Regions: Reflecting on Europe
Register for the event HERE