The EURE project is a project aiming at a better use of European funds in the framework of sustainable urban development.
Through interregional cooperation, the project aims to enable a better sharing of ideas and solutions, so that the progress of some is a real tool for success for others.
The overall objective of the project is to promote the exchange of knowledge and good practice between managing authorities and local authorities and actors on methods and actions to improve the effective contribution of ERDF funds (article 7) to the Fund for monitoring and managing the urban environment. The deliverables and results expected from the project include territorial action plans establishing systems to improve the governance of key urban environmental activities with an overall theme of energy efficiency, such as waste management, water treatment and recycling, circular economy, etc.
The project, under Article 7.4 of the ERDF Regulation, aims to extend its application to low population and high-density urban areas.
Specific objectives of the project include
– To promote the consideration of low population density urban areas as beneficiaries of these policy instruments;
– To increase awareness of regional asymmetries (between European urban areas, especially in low density urban areas) among those responsible for these policy instruments;
– Support local authorities in improving their environmental and resource efficiency governance;
– Encourage interregional cooperation between the main actors in urban development policies by promoting networking and exchange of experience between them;
– To improve the inclusion of urban environmental management strategies in integrated urban development strategies.
In the framework of the project activities and the delivery of the action plan to our managing authority (Region Bretagne) scheduled for April 2022, Atlantic Cities is looking for an expert for a period of approximately 5 months from November 2021 to April 2022.
Please find the terms of reference and the details of this call for experts here.
For more information on the project, please find below the link to the project website: https://www.interregeurope.eu/eure/.
For further information, please contact us at: email@example.com.